In the park Countess Danner’s burial mound and H.V. Bissen’s bust of Frederik VII can be seen.
The many monuments were erected by J. Wiedewelt in the years around 1770. They commemorate famous Danish and Norwegian men and women. There are 54 monuments in the park and the bordering forest, Slotshegnet.
Take note of the large trees in the park; towards the south, Frederik V’s oaks for naval construction, and towards the north avenues of lime trees.
From Copenhagen there is an S-train to Frederikssund, and the bus 316 to Jaegerspris leaves from here, with a bus-stop at the castle.
Photo: Henrik Ledet
The museum at Jaegerspris Castle comprises the memorial rooms with Frederik VII’s study, the audience room and the Countess’ chambers.
In addition there is an exhibition of golden national heritage treaures and a section devoted to the history of the children’s home. There are also special annual exhibitions.
The museum is open during the summer
24.6.-17.9.2023: All days at 10-16
18.9.-29.10.2023: Thursday – Sunday at 11-16
Week 42 (autumn holiday): All days at 11-16
Parties can book a guided tour from April to October. The Castle Park is open all the year round.
Further information and guided tour bookings can be obtained by contacting Kong Frederik VII’s Stiftelse, Slotsgaarden 20, DK 3630 Jaegerspris, Denmark.
Tel. +45 47 53 10 04 – firstname.lastname@example.org
The Audience Room. Photo: Henrik Ledet
The forests around Jaegerspris offer many possibilities for walkers, cyclists etc.
“The Royal Oak” (“Kongeegen”). The oldest tree in northern Europe. Photo: Dorte Krogh